Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Teacher Door Hanger

Hi friends,
I made this door hanger for another 3rd grade teacher/friend. We have air conditioned rooms so we have to keep th
e doors closed. Well, when kids come by to drop something off or whatever the case may be they knock on the door and stand out there forever. (sometimes they knock so softly we don't hear it). Anyhoo, I made this to hang outside so people will know to just come on in (door is unlocked) or to let them know where we are.

I used the Teacher Anya stamp (so cute, luuuuv!) fro
m The Greeting Farm.
Now, if you've seen this stamp you may be wondering why it looks a little different. Well, that's because I gave her a haircut! I wanted her to look like the teacher I made it for (and it does-her hair looks like this :) I used the Martha Stewart Fence punch and added ric rac ribbon for the grass. The little apples are also a MS punch.

Here's the back:
I also made this pencil as the pointer. I made it entirely from the word window punch. (Punch 3- eraser, pencil, lead part) I scored it twice so it looks like the ridges pencils have. I added a small strip of aluminum paper for the metal part. It has a paper clip on the back & that is how it easily slides along the door hanger. Super easy!I typed the text on my computer & printed it out on cardstock. I used my Coluzzle to cut a circle out & used a punch for the smaller circle. I stamped a stitched border, added the embelishments, laminated it, & was done.

This is my little gift for her for Teacher Appreciation Week. Did you know it is this week in many places?

Tomorrow I will be sharing with you the Mother's Day projects my kiddos are working on. Thanks so much for peeking today. Gotta go!


Today's Project uses:
Paper: Bashful Blue CS (SU!), white, red, yellow, green, cream scraps
Stamps: Teacher Anya (The Greeting Farm), Hanging by a Thread (Technique Tuesday)

Tools: Martha Stewart punches, coluzzle circle, Prisma Markers, word window punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin