Monday, July 20, 2009

In the mood for another Cupcake?

Hi friends,
Today I have this cupcake card to share with you. It's one of the new Sizzix Bigz XL Dies. I think it could be made into a cupcake or ice cream cone! Let's get on with the deets shall we...

It's two pieces: the pocket & the cupcake part which makes up the card.
You also get a cherry & a candle in the die.
I cut out the cupcake with the same confetti paper left over from the 3D cupcake (here). I scored the lines with my scor-pal & used a sanding block to reveal some of the white core.

Here's a closer look at the cupcake:
I punched out the pink dots from a scrap piece & popped them up with mini pop dots. I tied the ribbon around to finish it up. Cute huh! I thought of different ways to create the card (other than the pocket), but I'll need a little more play time! I bought it at Sizzix.com as a "Tuesday Teaser." Basically, if you sign up on their e-mail list, every Tuesday, Sizzix sends you an e-mail about Tuesday only sales & promotions. There are some good buys to be had, for sure! Oh, and before I forget, yes, it fits in a standard A2 card size envelope.

Thanks for peekin' at my card today! So glad you did :) I'm off to play a bit... after all, you know what happens to "all work & no play", right?--- Gotta go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin