Friday, July 10, 2009

Kiss the Cook! Cookbook

Hi friends,
Today I have the super cute cookbook I made at the Lickety Splits class at CKC Pasadena. Shall we begin with the deets...

Here's the cover (acetate) inked with Staz-on all around


Here's the cover page without the Acetate cover. I scattered bling throughout the swirlies because my cookbook was gonna sparkle!
Here are the first couple of pages. In my world, dessert comes first! (Tee Hee!)

Here are the next couple of pages:
Does the patterned paper look familiar to you? Well, actually, that's one of the stamps from the fabulous SU! Stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral. They ran out of the coordinating paper so they gave us different paper that I thought didn't match AT ALL & was just plain ugly. So when I got home, I used the colors I saw in the other papers & made my own. I thought it turned out alright IRL :)
Here are the next pages:

And here's the last page: This pocket wasn't nearly big enough for take-out at my place!


Now, they gave us a regular cooking spoon to add to the cover (as a decorative element) but I thought it was too big & it overpowered the book. Luckily, I found a set of mini spoons in the dollar section at JoAnn's that was perfect! So I used that one instead. (See the difference in the pic)
This kit is available here. I'm not sure if you can purchase it outside of the class, but I think I remember them saying you can. The class was speedy quick so I had to do a lot of the work at home. But, I like the way it all turned out. I do plan on adding my family's best recipes so it will be a special book.

Thanks for peeking at my project today! I'm reading Angels & Demons (The illustrated version ROCKS!) and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not going to see the movie until I'm done with it so ---->Gotta Go!

This project was brought to you by:
Lickety Split: Kiss The Cook Recipe Book
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral -SU!
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red, So Safron -SU!, Black- Staz-on

Other: wooden spoon-JoAnn Crafts, rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest recipe book ever!!! I have been wanting to do an acrylic album forever ...even have one plus gave 2 away! Thank you sooo much for inspiring me! I am sooo excited to be working with you on the DT! Your work is awesome!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this recipe book, I have been hanging out to do one for my favourite recipes but couldn't get the mojo to do it, but this just took it from ordinary to wow! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna have to copy, but hey I'm in New Zealand so I guess that's ok. LOL. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin