Friday, December 18, 2009

Snowman Candy bar Wrapper


Hi ya friends,
Today I've got a little project my students are making for "Celebrate Success" for December. I was inspired by Dawn Griffith's Frosty card. I thought I'd make Frosty into a chocolate bar wrapper. I used Hershey Chocolate bars (1.55 oz) that come in a package of 6.
Here are the deets to make this Mr. Frosty:

Start with a 12"x 12" cardstock & cut down to (4) 6" x 6" squares that way you get 4 wrappers from one sheet :)

Score at 1/2" and 3 1/4"

Add Scor-Tape or Sticky Strip to 1/2" edge. Fold edge & adhere to the other side to create wrapper. (You will have a seam on the inside of the wrapper.)

Embellish as you wish~
Circles were punched from 1 1/8" (whites of eyes & eyelids), 7/8" (pupils/eyes), & 5/16" (mouth). I used a heart punch for the nose and rounded the corners of his hat which is pierced & faux stitched. I added a scarf 'cause baby it's cold outside! Well, not really here in Southern Cali. It was 75 degrees out today. I know, tough job but someone has to live here ;) I actually wish it was a little more wintery though :( I'd like to sport my new faaaab boots, but I'm still in flip flops in December! Oh well :)

Thanks for peekin'! I've got loads to do before tomorrow so...
Gotta Go!

3 comments:

  1. Karli,
    That is adorable! I love snowmen and I love Hershey Bars - what a fabulous idea for a Christmas Party favor. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, your students are so lucky to have a teacher like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin