Monday, January 25, 2010

CHA Winter Show News & Enabler alerts


Hi friends,
Phew! I'm plum tuckered out from a weekend in Anaheim, but it was fun! I have a few bit of news to share with ya. No pics are allowed in the Trade Show (where all the new goodies are revealed) because I'm not one of the big boys (or girls :), so I don't have pics of that part to share with ya. But I do have some sneak peeks from the consumer supershow!
I didn't get a pick of t!m or Anna---> yet :( :( but I did get to meet some preeety cool people. I did take some pics with them but I am THE MOST unphotogenic person ever! I always come out with like 10 chins or something mutant-like :( Won't be posting those LOL! but you'll see what I mean!) I got to meet the fab:

Beate & Jen (from Splitcoast Stampers!) They were both so friendly & Jen was just so cool!


Suzanne Dean: (the one whose Copic coloring I stalk admire :)


Robyn (My Pink Stamper):


Debbie Olson (Papertrey Ink, Copics, Spellbinders- what doesn't she do???):


"The Cricut Lady" She was all smiles every time I saw her!

See what I mean???) I look like I'm storing nuts for the winter! I have chubby cheeks, but not THAT big! (Oh, btw they were passing out chefs hats to everyone & giving prizes out randomly to people they saw wearing the hat. Just in case you were wondering... I cut my hair SHORT during the summer - the shortest I've ever had it. I had to cut 10 inches off so I could donate it to Locks of Love. So it was for a great cause.)

Ginger Adams (spokesperson for Provo Craft & you see her presenting on HSN & infomercials. She was awesome. so nice & sweet.) I don't remember the name of the other lady :( sorry


and THE one & only---> Teresa Collins (she was sooo sweet! and so stunning in person!)


I was so giddy with excitement upon meeting them all!
I also got to meet Wyland, Dee Gruenig, and Terri O (I just didn't get any pics with them) Dee is such a crack up & what a little ball of energy she is!

Anyhoo,
Let me give you a sneak peek of what Provo-Craft is coming out with. BTW, I did get permission to take pics of what I'm about to show you, OK.

The newest machine is Cricut Cake:

It is a cake decorating super machine! It cuts out the fondant so you can make amazing cakes & you can use any of your existing carts! Yes, it's pretty much the same machine as the Expression but before you start running fondant through your E, the Cricut Cake has special components inside that make it food-safe. So keep your Crisco off your regular Cricut!  Here are some of the beautiful creations they had on display:



I loved the child's year cakes! All of them were sooooo beautiful. They were giving away loads of carts, Gypsys, Expressions, & Cricut Cake machines! I didn't win any :( but the girl next to me won a Cake machine! It's OK though, I don't make cakes, I just eat them :)

Here are the FREE Make & Takes they had at the Provo Craft area:
A wood frame:

We used some new quilling dies to make the pretty flowers and used vinyl for the lettering.

Here are some the new quilling dies:

As you can see, PC is also coming out with extended cutting plates for these longer dies as well as 12 inch embossing borders and dies that emboss & cut at the same time.

With the Cricut Cake machine we made cupcakes: (mine took a beating on the way back :(


and with the YourStory Machine we made this Valentine's Mini-book.



It's so cute :) Provo is coming out with Specialty cardstock & glue so you can use whatever cardstock & papers you want to be able to make mini albums & not have to make it into a hardcover book. I'm so looking forward to that! It is expected in stores around April.

Here's a peek of the new Cuttlebug machine that will make its debut February 28 on HSN. Ginger Adams personally designed it & it is sooo pretty. It is raspberry & has these pretty butterflies along the sides. It will come as a bundle with the 12 best selling embossing folders evah!  It will be exclusive to HSN so make sure you look for it then.


Here are some of the projects they had at the Provo tables:



They also showed us the new photo app that's coming for the gypsy & *possibly* a future Cricut app for the iphone! So many wonderful things coming from Provo Craft! They were truly the hit of the consumer show.

Here are the Make & Takes for:
the EK Success booth: A journal & bookmark


the Michael's Booth: a decoupage heart box

 and Making Memories gave away these beautiful aprons.

They have a flurry of butterfllies at the bottom.

Sizzix is unveiling a whole line of dies & products exclusively for t!m holtz. I also got to see his new book coming out- a must have for all t!m fans out there. T!m has a new electronic machine to be released this summer perfect for cutting all his materials. It looks like a little suitcase- cute! Sizzix is also releasing their own electronic die cutting machine called the Eclips. It uses carts (like the ones from Cricut) but you can't use your cricut carts in the Eclips. More to come on that. Prima is off the charts with their new goodies- so gorgeous. Wait till you see Bo Bunny's new lines. There's one that has purple, deep rich purples- my fav color- & it is SOOOO beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on that!

There you have it! All I managed to bring back from CHA. Hope you enjoyed peeking at some of the things coming in the near future. Don't worry, you have a couple of months to save your lunch money before they're on store shelves. BTW, the 2010 Summer Convention & Trade Show and Craft SuperShow will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention and Conference Center in Rosemont, Illinois. So get ready Chicago! The CHA Summer Trade Show will be held Tuesday, July 27 through Thursday, July 29, followed by the CHA Craft SuperShow consumer event Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31, 2010. The 2011 Winter show is rumored to be back in Los Angeles. Thanks for peeking!
Gotta Go!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm green with envy! Looks like you had a blast hobnobbing with all these paper craft celebrities! What fun. Thanks for all the sneak peaks, too. I think I'll need that cricuit for cakes, that is one of my other (although neglected) hobbies! Thanks for sharing all these photos, I almost feel like I was there! By the way, your photo is great, you look totally cute! Way too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Karli! What a blast! I am so happy that you got to go! And thanks so much for sharing all the pics and sneek peeks! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://creativedesignscakes.com/

    Linda Mcclure came up with the cricut cake decorating technique. Her dvd shows how she uses a cricut expressions to decorate cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome report! TFS your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks like you had a fabulous time!!! Thanks for all of the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, it looks like you had awesome time! And I'm so jealous :) Thank you so much for a great update - I'll be looking out for those folders :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THUD! would have loved to have met all these people!!! so glad it was sooooooo worth the trip!! thank you SOOOOO much for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this fun news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such awesome pictures- lots of great 'stuff'. Your picture is darling! Oh-YEAH! I live not too far from Rosemont- Yeah July!!! It is usually alot smaller than the CA show, but I will be anxious to see who all will show up- thanks for the date- marking my calendar now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin