Sunday, April 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop-April

Hi friends,
It's with great pleasure that I get to participate in this month's Blog Hop with PTI. The challenge this month is to use tissue paper. I took advantage of the opportunity to get started on my Mother's Day cards so today I have 3 cards to share. (I used the tissue that my stamps were wrapped in!) One of which was the Anniversary Set called Round & Round- SOOOO preeeety! Thanks Nichole, it's so beautifully designed. I LOVE IT!!!

Here's my first card:
The Deets:
For this card, I used a border punch to create the tissue layers along the bottom. I also used a flower punch to create the Pom Pom flowers Dawn shared a while back. I found that punching several layers of tissue worked best. I used Kraft CS for the base & a layer of Dotty Biscotti PP with a strip of Lemon Tart CS. The swirl spray of bling is ZVA Crystals. The sentiment comes from the Anniversary Set.

Card #2:
The Deets:
I used the very same papers as my first card. With this card, I added a bit of green Dotty Biscotti PP for the leaves & end accents along the Lemon Tart strip. This big, glorious flower is another Pom Pom flower. I used the Peony Nestability for that (2nd largest die). Don't ask how many layers that is- I didn't count! But it's like 15 :) Only one pass through my Hello Kitty Big Shot and it came out perfectly! :) Finished it off with a Lemon Tart Button. The sentiment comes from the Blooming Button set.
Here's a couple of peeks at the dimension:


Card #3:
The Deets:
For this card, I used some of the stamps from the Anniversary Set. I used 1/2 & 3/4 punches to make these bitty Pom Pom flowers. I heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. I threaded strips of Dotty Biscotti (I love saying that- so fun!) PP through the button holes. Punched with the same border punch & added more blingies.
The sentiment (along the bottom right edge) comes from the Blooming Buttons set stamped in Fresh Snow ink.

Again I used the same papers. Actually, I only needed 1 sheet of yellow Dotty Biscotti PP, 1 sheet of Lemon Tart CS, & 2 sheets of Kraft CS to create all 3 cards :)

Mother's Day is a bittersweet time for me. It's a happy time since I'm a mom, but for myself... not so much. Don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" so I'll leave it at that.  But, I've been so fortunate to have been blessed with lots of "Mothers" along my journey who have guided me with love and support. That's why I've got lots of Mother's Day cards to make and I'm much happier to make many than none at all.

Thanks so much for peeking at my cards today & thanks in advance for your comments. I appreciate them very much! I'm off to join you in the hop.
Thanks for hopping by!

48 comments:

  1. WOW -- GORGEOUS!!! Simply LOVE them all & couldn't even pick one over another!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are stunning!! I love the way you used tissue in all those different ways! I especially love the huge flower card. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Those are beautiful! How do you ever put the card with the large peony in an envelope? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly...these are all so beautiful!! Great job with the tissue and great color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that delicate lacy edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers!!! I love these layouts and the colors you used also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the punched border!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all so pretty! I really like the tiny tissue flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards! I love the bitty ones. And that's a ton of layers on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. All three are great and not sure if I could pick a favorite. That middle card with the flower is really amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your bling accents on the first card. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So delicate and beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! How did you tame the tissue paper to work with teh edge punch?

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of them are pretty! Great job with the tissue paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Love that punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all so pretty! I love the first one with the lacy punched border, and the pretty bling you added sets off the flowers wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. These are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the teeny flower on that third card! These are all so beautiful, and I am loving the kraft/white tissue combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your cards are FABULOUS!!!!!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are great!! I love love love the first one with the bling and the fluffy flowers...aaahhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your cards are very, very pretty! Love all the flowers in the different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! I think I like the first one the most!

    ReplyDelete
  23. all three cards are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply gorgeous! The colors, the flowers, tissue paper with the border punch...you really outdid yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What great cards! I love them all! The punched ruffle is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome use of tissue and dots!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards! That border punch looks great done with tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love these!!! I especially love the anniversary set card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All three of your cards are beautiful.Love the bling on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That 3rd card just blew me away but I'd like to see these IRL!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a pretty color combo, kraft with lemon tart and white! And I just adore the petticoat look of the border punched tissue layers on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, wow, that tissue flower is just astonishing, love it and love both of your cards Karli!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great cards. Love that large flower!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are all fabulous! Consider me enabled on the Dotty Biscotti paper!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Karli, you have some really gorgeous cards! I lveo the big white flower, that is stunning! Really great job with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Karli - these are three absolute BEAUTIES!!! Awesome designs and I like how you used the tissue so differently on all three cards!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love all your tissue paper flowers! I'm going to have to get that Nestie die- I LOVE that! I also love your tissue paper border.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a simply fabulous set of cards. The tissue paper flowers are beautiful and I love the border punch you used on a couple of them. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Karli.

    ReplyDelete
  39. my gosh, I love them all!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. All cards are just beautiful, but the second and third really caught my eye. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMGoodness that flower is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Tissue Paper, huh? Gorgeousness! I love all three- love the big flower on the 2nd card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very pretty cards, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin