Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gatefold Variation Card & Video Tut!

Hi ya friends!
Today I have a simple, quick, & cute card to share with ya. It's a variation of a gatefold card. We made this kind of card at my friend, Diana's Mother's Day card class (you'll see that in the video.) This card is one I created for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge for the movie:

Here's my card:

Here's how it opens:
I used Parchment cardstock (I hope this counts :) for the main panel, The image was a free digi from Isabella's Sketchbook shared on her blog by my fellow Glitterbee Linda. I colored the flowers with Copics, cut them out, & popped them on with dimensionals. I added 3D Crystal Lacquer to them. I think I was channeling my inner Sankari Wegman by adding lots of pearls! (Hee Hee!)

Quiet on the set. ACTION!

NOTE: I called the card a Tri-fold Card a couple of times in the video (ugh!) It's supposed to be a Gatefold card variation so I tried to "correct" that without having to re-do the whole video. I also added the measurements right on the screen in case you're making one while watching it.
Hope you like the video & you give this card style a try!
Thanks so much for taking a peek at my card today!
Gotta Go!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Stunning! Those flowers look like glass...just gorgeous and what a fantastic layout. Definitely need to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one gorgeous card! I lvoe the colors- love the crystal effects and pearls- love the gatefold- awesome tutorial! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli,
    Loved getting to know you a little more through hearing your voice.. Great tutorial. I love the card you make for the challenge. Lots of gorgeous detail and love the shapes of the parchment.
    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card and love the shine and gloss on those petals

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin