Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank You, Teacher

Hellooooo there friends,
I've been away from the ol' blog-o for a bit, but I'm here to share a Teacher card I made for my little one's teacher.
This is a special week around the blog-o --> yes, there's a theme. But instead of telling you, let's see if you can figure it out.... :) So on to today's card:
Here's the cover:
and when you open it...
POP!!! goes the apple! :)
The inside has a pop-up apple. I used the Sizzix Ball Die to make the apple. I hand cut the stem & leaf which fold down flat when the card closes & pops back up when you open the card. I used my Gypsy to weld the teacher's name. (Have I mentioned how much I LUUUUUUV my Gypsy??? I do! :) I used micro pop-dots to pop her name off the apple a bit.
Here's another peek at it:
You may notice that behind the apple is a chalkboard. This is where I will write my message to her using my white gel pen so that it looks like it's been written with chalk. You an also stick a gift card here as well :) I also added a highlight on the side with my white gel pen, but I think I need to go back & make it a little bigger. Don't ya think?

View from the top:
A few more deets about the chalkboard:
I used my Coluzzle to cut the frame & ran it through the woodgrain EP. I ran my white ink pad around the edges so that it had that chalk dust look. I cut a strip to create the chalk rail & a small piece from white CS for the chalk.

This card, besides being made for Jordan's wonderful teacher, also qualifies for a few challenges! Yay! I used Mojo Monday Sketch #140.
And...... for Just Us Girls ---> dry embossing: the chalkboard frame and the Number Collage behind the title (#1 Teacher)

AND.......... for Paper Cutz ---> #43 Make a card for a teacher

I'm so thankful and appreciate of Jordan's teacher this year. She is just wonderful! I hope when she opens this card, it's able to convey how much we appreciate her.

So... do you like??? What do you think the theme will be??? Hmmm... there may be a POP quiz on this later. Ya never know :)
Thanks so much for popping by :) ---> sorry I couldn't resist one last time (hee! hee!)
Hope your day is red delicious!





The 411
Stamps: Teacher's Apple- PTI, Cute & Curly- SU!
Ink: Onyx Black- VersaFine, Chestnut Roan, Frost White- ColorBox, Real Red- SU!
Paper: Red CS, Black CS, Brown CS- Coredinations, Wild Wasabi CS, Real Red CS- SU!
Accessories: Ball Die- Sizzix, Gypsy, Cricut & carts: Songbird, Wild Card- PC, Coluzzle, ribbon, crimper tool, Signo White gel pen, Number Collage EF- Cuttlebug, Woodgrain Impression - PTI, apple button  

16 comments:

  1. wowser!...that's beyond fantastic!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Grief! This is incredible... I was a teacher but no parent ever came up with such a fab creation as this this. Jordan's teacher will be THRILLED!
    Brilliant Karli!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how long did this take you?? ITS FABULOUS!!!! Any teacher receiving this will love it. So for the theme...is it supposed to be the periodic table for a chem/science teacher? Did you hand do each little block too? Really this is WOW WOW card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so cool! Amazing card for a teacher Karli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is totally amazing! Love those colors and the apple is fabulous and the "chalkboard"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one awesome card! I'm sure your little one's teacher loved it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is fabulous....a great little card/project....have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah this is really clever! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What an awesome creation! I love that 3D apple! So creative & your embossing looks fabulous! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card. Love the periodic table of elements paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the elements chart and the pop up apple is great. I might have to steal this idea.LOL Thanks so much for playing along with us this week on PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is so awesome! You really should make a video about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is quite amazing! Truly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool for a teacher card. I'm thinking that sizzix die would be good to have. Never knew what to use it for. Really clever, your ds's teach will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really enjoying browsing through your blog. Your creations are amazing! You should check out the new challenge blog http://papercubed.blogspot.com/
    A challenge blog specifically for 3D paper projects (not cards). I think you would really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin