Thursday, June 24, 2010

DT- For the Family Scrapbook Layout

Hi friends,
Today, I'm sharing a layout I made for pictures that I'm very excited about. A friend of mine is a photographer who takes amazing pics & I asked if she would take some pics of my family. These are professional pics, that are not *exactly* posed. You know the ones that are less stuffy/formal looking & more... us just being us (minus the boys wailing on each other, Dad giving them the "Dad" look, and me screeching at them to knock it off! :)

Anyhoo, here's the layout for a couple of those pics:
Because I'm the only girl in the house, I had to make a layout that would be masculine, but have those pretty, girly details too without being way girly. I think I did just that :)

Of course to accomplish such a feat, I turned to the beautiful Windsor Collection by SEI. I used 3 papers from this collection for my layout. I used the Home Accents cart to cut out the title on my Cricut & that's popped with micro pop dots. I kept the embellishments simple. To create the center embellishment, I punched out circles from the paper & crumbled them up & just layered them---> so simple, but it created a perfect -not too girly- embellishment.  I pulled the gold color from the gold foil found all throughout the papers.
Here are a couple of closer peeks at it.
top:

bottom:
It is matted & ready for a 5x7 & 3x3 pic. The 3x3 pic will be of us all hands in. :)

I used this great sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (yes, even when I create layouts, I sketch :)
Thanks so much for peeking!
Be sure to stop by the YMH store to get your hands on the SEI collection used for this project. This is one collection you will not be dissapointed with!
Gotta Go!

4 comments:

  1. Way beautiful! I love the layout and colors!

    Please visit my blog, I have candy!
    http://www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is lovely, can't wait to see the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Umm... sorry, I meant photo, pressed the button too soon LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout. Love all the embellishments on here and that paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin