Monday, June 28, 2010

Tahiti Beach Homework

Hi there friends,
Today I have a couple of things to share that were homework assignments. I know right??? I'm supposed to be on vacation from homework, but a friend of mine is teaching a scrapbooking/card making class locally & since she only had a few students, I thought I'd sign up to support her. But if I'd known there'd be homework....:( ---> JK! anyhoo, here are the assignments & what I did to *hopefully* get an A+ :)

Homework #1:
We created an easel card in class. We had to take it home & decorate it.
For Bonus points, I made my own embellies :)

Homework #2:
She gave us a scrap piece of chipboard (smaller than 8 1/2x 11) and we had to make something with it. So I made a mini-album.
Here's the front:

Slide the belly band off & here's the cover:
open the double flaps & here's the innies:

And... lift that middle panel & there's another one underneath:
This was super easy to make! I just took my scrap piece of chipboard & cut it into 3 equal pieces (measuring 4" x 5 1/2" each) then I cut 1 of them in half to create the double panels. I laid them out just like you see in the pic above & added tape to secure the edges to each other. Then I covered them with this fab Tahiti Beach DP (DCWV) & folded it up! Easy peasy! The belly band holds it all in place :)

Thanks so much for peeking today! I've got loads to do today so...
Gotta Go!




The 411:
Easel card:
Stamps: Fairydust Tilda- Magnolia, Ticket Sentiments- Whimsy stamps
Paper: Jazmyne Collection- Bo Bunny, Pink CS- Bazzill, Ivory CS- Neenah
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accs: flower punches, bling, ribbon


Mini album:
Stamps: Extreme Surfboard- SU!
Paper: Tahiti Beach- DCWV, Pumpkin Pie- SU!, Black CS
Ink: Versafine onyx black
accs: wave border punch- Fiskars, signo white gel pen, Stickles

3 comments:

  1. love this, so summery, love the papers u chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ for sure. Tilda is colored beautifully and the sentiment is perfect with her. Love the book too, it will be great for some summer pics of your boys. Now make sure you don't work too hard, you are supposed to be on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embellishments on the easel card. Love the album.

    So, how does it feel to be on the receiving end of homework, lol?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin