Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch 11 DT Reveal

Hi there friends,
Today, I'm helping to reveal Sketch #11 for Cardabilities. :) yay!
Here's the sketch:

Here's my take:
I decided to really step out of my normal style & DISTRESS!!! --->Since "distressed" seems to be my life right now, LOL! I used old stuff from my stash that I've neglected to use.
The Deets:
The jean pocket is a retired SU stamp (Pocket Fun) I stamped on Denim paper & cut it out. The flowers come from a set from Heartfelt Creations called Posy Patch Garden Delights. They're actually part of another image (flowers in a watering can) but I just wanted the flowers so I cut them out & popped them onto the pocket. They're colored with Copics, I added 3D Crystal lacquer to them, & finished the middles with my Viva Decor Pearl pen in gold. The sentiment is hard to see, but it reads, "Fill this Day with Joy."- from a PTI set called YOF: Sweet Peas.

Be sure to stop by the Cardabilities blog to see the amazing work the rest of the DT has created to sketchspire ya! We have some new DT members, and I'm sure they would be glad to get some luv ;) Don't forget you have until the 30th to link your creations. You bring the cards & we'll bring the luv!

I'll be starting with my HS kiddos today so I hope my first day goes well :) Wish me luck, won't ya! Oh, & guess what? Remember my whiteboard magnets I was so excited to use? Well, the white board at the HS is not magnetic :( so I won't be using them anytime soon-  tear, tear :(
Thanks so much for peeking today!
Gotta go!

11 comments:

  1. How neat is that pocket full of posies?!?!? Love it!

    Good luck on your new teaching assignment. Perhaps you will have some of your former 3rd-grade students in your HS classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on the sketch is wonderful. Love the pocket and flower, and the denim too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job on the distressing and I love what you did with this sketch. Those flowers have so much dimension they almost look like felt flowers stacked on top each other in the photo instead of stamped and colored. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya.....Super cute!! Love that bandana paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh how cute....and you will love HS.. my fave was junior high though..so funny. I never taught anything younger than 6th grade...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh just read post below so am sending good thoughts your way re the new assignment..didn't realize the circumstances- but I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, you rocked the distressing (I always find it stressful to distress). Love the denim paper too, the pocket looks so realistic. This sketch is WAY challenging, you did an awesome job.

    How'd it go with the HS kiddos? Hope you had a great week with them and didn't find the switch too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I love the card and the blue jean+distressing. Hope the unpacking is going well and a new beginning too! Hope HS goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulously creative...love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karli, your card looks great! You should definitely try distressing more...you're awesome at it!
    - April

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin