Friday, October 1, 2010

DT- Framed

Hi ya friends,
I have a really simple project I worked on with my friend's 10 year-old daughter. We started with this frame I bought at the dollar store:

and finished with this one:

Another peek:
We had a great time. It didn't take very long & I got to show her some papercrafting techniques & tips.

 I used Prima paper called Signs of Spring-Birdsong. It's a specialty paper that comes with the bird die-cut on the page. I sprayed the paper with Dazzling Diamonds Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to give it a bit of shimmer. I added a ribbon ruffle & Orchid Dew Drops around the picture space. I used an SEI rub-on on the journaling card. 

It's so fun crafting with girls :) If I asked my boys to craft with me, they would blurt out, "Mom, give us one more chance! We'll be good!!!"  ---> yes, they would think it's a punishment :0  But when I REALLY want to punish them, I tell them I'm going to take them with me to...
                                 MICHAELS!!! Nooooooooooooo!!! 

Here's what they sound like in Mike's:
-"Mom, when are we leaving?" (Mind you, we just pulled up in the parking lot)
- "You already have all this stuff at home!!!"
- "You already saw this section!"

Boys, gotta love them ;)

But, don't go looking for these craft goodies at Mikes- they're not there. All the supplies for this project can be found at the YMH Store---> HERE (pssst... on sale ;)
Thanks so much for peeking today & enjoy the beautiful weekend!!! Yaaay :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun project. Too funny about the boys at Michaels. Mine are too young to mind it yet. They get busy throwing markers and play doh into the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this all the time but, GORGEOUS! Seriously, I mean it. Your projects are always so creative.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli, you are AWESOME!!! This is a great and fun project.
    he-he-he, so funny and so precious about your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!! so very pretty Karli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin