Friday, October 15, 2010

DT Post- Surprise Box

Hi there friends,
I wanted to share a little something I made for a friend's daughter. Hannah started Kindergarten this year & has been having a hard time adjusting to life as a kindergartener. I thought about making this little surprise/treat box for when she has good days at school. Her teacher created a behavior chart to let her mom know about Hannah's day at school and when she has a day with 3 stars, she can pull out a treat from this box.
Here it is:
 (sorry for the weird angle of this pic. The medallion is centered & straight IRL!)
So, if Hannah has a good day, she gets to put her hand into the hole at the top & pull out a treat.
 Here's how I made it:
1) Start with an empty tissue box. The opening is a perfect size for little hands to reach in & grab a treat!

 2) Cover the box with cardstock. I used my largest oval Nesties to create the opening:

 Adhere the top piece on. Notice that it wasn't exactly a perfect match :(

So I punched out a few flowers to hide that slight imperfection & embellish the top of the box :)  Ahhhhh, and all is well in the world once again!

 Now to add some fun pattern paper to all 4 sides. This is Oopsie Daisy from Imaginisce.

Then I just added an accordian fold strip to the left over piece I cut out with my oval Nesties & popped up "You Did It!" I cut that out on my Cricut at 5" with the Wild Card Cart. I dotted the "i's" with some Prima crystals.

 and that's it! A fun & easy little treat box to reward a good day at school.
Here's the finished box one more time:
Thanks so much for peeking! All the supplies for this quick little project can be found at the YMH store---> HERE.

See ya soon!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea and those flowers around the top look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli, this is wonderful! Perfect for a young lady! I kept tearing those boxes down for post it covers. Now, I have still another inspiration for them! Thanks so much! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the flowers around the opening. Great recycling project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You come up with some great projects- this is great- I love the flower accents around the top! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..I really love this idea. My dd has good and bad days too. She just started Kindergarten this year .This is a great way to make her smile. Thank you so much for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need one of these for me when I survive a day at work without losing it lol heheh! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin