Friday, April 1, 2011

Designed2Delight Reveal

Hi ya friends,

I finally get to share the news I've been so excited to share with you!!! I will be on the cover of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIM SUIT EDITION!!! I was notified that I was a finalist for their special "Hot Teachers" edition & last week I received the photo of the cover to be released in June!
Here is a sneak peek for ya:



wait for it


wait for it



                                                             APRIL FOOLS DAY!!! LOL ;)

Sorry about that! Hee! Hee! so evil of me ;) For friends who may not be familiar with what happens on April 1st quite simply, it is widely recognized and celebrated as a day where everyone plays all kinds of jokes and foolishness and that was my attempt to fool ya :) Me as a "Hot Teacher" in Sports Illustrated is seriously funny! As if...

But now, the real news is that I've been invited to join the Designed2Delight DT!
Today, I have the pleasure of sharing my first card as part of the DT. I used the Digi stamp called "Spotty Dotty Watering Can."

Here's my card:
 Such a sweet image don't ya think? I printed it twice so I could pop up the flowers & the butterflies. It's colored with Copics & I added some pearls with my fav Viva Decor paper pen :) I mean, shouldn't every girl's watering can have pearls??? By all means...

Here's a closer peek:
I added some Glossy Accents underneath the watering can so it looks like it's sitting in a little puddle of water & a little on the spout. The butterflies & the centers of the flowers have Stickles on them. I added a few stick pins through the bow & finished it off with a sticker sentiment on the bottom right corner that reads "Gracias."

Spotty Dotty is the fabulous Freebie for April to get you started on the progressive challenge at the Delightful Inspiration blog. Pick it up by Thursday, get crafty, & create a card with this image & the next one will be emailed to you. Be sure to check out Faith's blog (Delightful Inspiration) for all the deets!

There are some amazing cards the DT has created to inspire you at the Card Ideas blog too!

Thank you so much for peeking!
Go out there & fool someone today ;) ---> but keep it nice!





The 411
Stamps: Spotty Dotty Watering Can- D2D
Ink: Creamy Brown- Colorbox
Paper: Cappella- BasicGrey, Gray cs- Bazzill, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush- PTI, Neenah cs
Tools: border punch-EK Success
Other: Copics, Viva Decor Paper Pen, ribbon, Stickles, Pins-Maya Road, Glossy Accents, Signo White gel pen, sticker-Stampendous

14 comments:

  1. What a beauty! Love this great coloring! Thanks for the chuckle- Hello Kitty looks pretty HOT in that Bikini- I am sure wishing it was hot here.....! Congrats on your new DT! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karli!!
    Hahahahhaaaaa...Just love your April fools joke!! =)
    But i love your card even more! Such a sweet image and so beautiful details! have a great friday! Hugs & sunshine /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you had me believing for a moment Karli! Good one!! I came by to say how gorgeous your card is. Its great how well the image stands out against the soft colors of the rest of the card. Congrats on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me there. All I could think of was...she smart, talented & SI Swimsuit material...lucky girl! I love your card! The bling on the flowers & the pearls on the watering can, were the perfect touches! Congratulations! I am looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your April Fool's joke! Too Cute. Congrats on the DT position. Love the card and all the wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just a word to say that your card is beautiful like how you did this and all so the color thank for showing
    like little kitty she is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Too funny! Your coloring and added details to the image are gorgeous! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Karli....all I have to say is BEAUTIFUL!!! You have done such an amazing job with this image. I can't wait to work with you.
    *HUGS*
    Michelle H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the watering can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karli,
    you are soooo funny. LOL
    Congratulations on your new "job".
    I love your card.

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make me laugh Karli! Your card is stunning. Love the gorgeous ribbon and pin embellie. Beautiful coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROTFL!!! That was a good one!! Too bad I didn't see this on the first though =) You crack me up! OH and your card is a STUNNER! Really great job on that liquid pearls, is it? LOVE IT! Super job coloring it up too! =) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - utter perfection! Lush colouring and stunning ribbon treatment - a true beauty of a card. So happy I found your blog!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin