Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mojolicious

Hi ya friends,
I have been trying to keep myself busy so I don't think about my little boy, Jordan. He's been away at Science camp all week & I miss him so much :( but one more sleep & he'll be home again! It's been hard not being able to talk to him & weird at the same time. I'm sure he's having a great time, but he's NEVER been away from home, without one of us. :( ugh...

Well, one bit of awesome news is that today I got one of these:
*****S Q U E A L !!!!*****

for this card:
---> insert me running around like a crazy woman shouting hurray! :) :) :) I have participated in the Mojo Monday sketches soooo many times, but have never won. Today changes that! Now I get to cross that off my bucket list ;) Since I was a winner, I get to choose a Verve stamp set, and I'd luuuuv to get your opinion. Which should I get? I've had my eye on a few sets- decisions, decisions...

I got a chance to play with this week's Mojo sketch:
Here's my card:
My Spanish buddy had a birthday yesterday so this was the card I made for her. Those beautiful papers are from the Howdy Doody collection from MME. I used the Labels 9 Nesties and the Butterflies 2 dies. As with all of my cards, that is faux stitching. I am afraid of sewing machines! Ha! I used to be a model--- a hand model ;) so I have nightmares that an out-of-control sewing machine is going to sew my fingers together! I guess I should just do what I did when I was afraid of spiders---> I bought the biggest spider in the world, a tarantula. That cured me! After having my tarantula, Rosie, for 11 years I have NO problems with spiders. Perhaps I should try the same therapy for my fear of sewing machines! Hee!

Thanks for letting me share today :) & thanks for peeking in!
Gotta Go!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win!!! It is a beautiful card. Today's card is gorgeous as well. Love your use of the dies along with the butterfly and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Karli! How exciting to cross something else off your bucket list. I hope that Jordan had a great time at camp. Sometimes those brief separations help us to appreciate one another more. I'm sure he missed you and was happy to be home again.
    Thanks for the laughs today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats Karli, that is an awesome achievement! So excited for you. Love your take on the sketch this week, too. It's lovely, so soft and pretty. Funny about overcoming your fear of spiders by getting one. I'm so scared of mice, I definitely couldn't one to overcome it, lol! Hope your DS had fun at Science camp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin