Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tim Time

Hi ya friends!
I know... long time no blog :(  just been a busy little teacher. But this weekend, I got to spend some time at a Stamp in the Hand show & had so much fun! I luuuv going to this particular show cuz it's local,  low key, and not overly crowded either :) So Saturday I went with my Grammy. She likes to see all the beautiful card samples the different companies have to offer (she says my cards are prettier hee hee!) & to do some make & takes. She especially likes the make & take from Heartfelt Creations cuz it usually involves some ginormous flower. Lol!
Here's my Grammy (on our previous visit) using a stylus to shape & bend the petals.
Go Grammy, Go! Remember she's almost 85 years old and she can hold her own! HC was not there this time & Grammy was sad :( no ginormous flower for her this time...
But this guy was there both days:
That's T!m signing his new book for me :) Lookie!:
Ahhhhh! I will stay curious T!m! I'm sure he says that to all the girls ;)

Here's a pic of the 2 tags he's created for the 12 Tags of 2012 so far:
They are just as amazing in person as they look on the computer.

Which brings me to the topic of this lengthy post today!
Here's my tag using the Honey comb die cut technique:
I die cut the apples out of red honey comb paper & adhered them to a green apple cardstock base.
Here's a closer peek:
I am so smitten with these! Can you say Luuuuuv?!

To the bottom edge, I added some hanging mini paper clips from T!m's line. The alphabet & calendar are stickers from the Lost & Found Salvage sticker set. The tag was created with Graphic 45 papers called An ABC Primer.

I wanted to take both this tag & the mosaic tile tag I created
 to see if he would sign them, but I chickened out :( If I took them, that would mean he'd have to see them & that would be waaaay too embarrassing! Ah well.

Things are simmering down a bit, so hopefully I can come back & share some St. Patty's day goodies since that's around the corner.

Thanks so much for peeking!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karli! Sounds and looks like you had a blast!! Lucky you, to have granma hwo loves crafting!! I'm sure she is right about your cards! =) I love,love your tags you have made! Both of them are gorgeous! Have a fantastic day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I'm so excited/happy for you (and a little envious as I've only met T!m briefly at CHA not really a class) You totally should have taken your tags be cause there are amazingly fabulous and I'm sure T!m would have said so too.

    HUGS,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karli, you should have taken your tags. They are gorgeous, amazing creations. Tim probably would have wanted to keep them.

    Your grammy really is something. Sorry though she missed out on a fun HC M&T. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karli,
    How fortunate you are to have your Grammy still with you -- and have this wonderful loved one to craft with. She's right -- you do make amazing papercrafts! Love the school tag especially (it's funny how teachers still love this stuff even when they are at it all the time!), and the mosaic birds are amazing!
    Thanks for sharing and wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin