Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cards for a Cause

Hi friends,
While making my rounds on SplitcoastStampers, I came across "Cards for a Cause." This is how it's described, "So just what is the Splitcoaststampers Cards for a Cause Challenge? It is simply an invitation to create a card and donate it to the "cause of the month." Everyone is invited to play along!"
For the month of April, the cause organization is St. Baldrick's Foundation. They award grants for childhood cancer research. Say no more...I'm in!
Here's the card I made:
I used a very old Sizzix die for the cupcake (the big red ones!) I haven't used it in ages & it brought back some fond memories of my early teaching days---> long before electronic die cutting machines. I have all my old Sizzix dies & I won't part with them! never... ever!
Back to the card: I used my newest fav paper Happy Day by MME because it does make me happy *Ü* The background paper is embossed with the CB cupcakes embossing folder, the front panel is partially embossed to leave room for the greeting with the CB Swiss Dots EF. I added a few sprinklings of Viva pen to the icing. 

I used this week's Sweet Stop sketch:

and this inspiration pic
 from a new challenge blog called Creative Claws (I thought it was about kitties *Ü* but it's about nail art inspiration. Luuuv! This will be a fun challenge to play along with and get some inspiration for my own claws *Ü*

Friends, I am blessed that my boys are healthy. Sadly, I have had students, friends, and loved ones who have battled cancer. I can't image what it's like for these parents & children. So if sending some cards will help, I'm in. I am sending a few more cards I've had in my stash along with this one.

You can read all about the SCS Cards for a Cause and ST. Baldrick's Foundation---> HERE. I'll be joining this group each month & hope you can too!

Have a healthy, sweet, creative day!
 

5 comments:

  1. What a super cute card Karli. Love the paper-pieced cupcake. (I love dies and I have all the old Sizzix dies I purchased ages ago.) The DP looks awesome... also like the dry embossed background. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun, adorable card, and for such a great cause, too. Thanks so much for playing along in Anushka's first challenge at Creative Claws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and the cupcake looks scrumptious. Great card for the SCS cause and the claws challenge.

    I have never noticed the Cards for a Cause on SCS. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous card! I love the cupcake embossing background and the papers you used! Thanks for playing along for the first creative claws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute. Love the bright fun mix of patterns. This will brighten up a little one's birthday for sure. You are so sweet, sharing your talent with others! Will have to check that out at SCS!

    LOL, I still have my original sizzix machine and a quick kutz hand held thing. Not sure if I'm sentimental/nostalgic or just a plain ole' hoarder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin