Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Little Princess

Hello friends,
Spring has sprung! My plants are shaking off the brrrr of winter & my roses are in full bloom!
Today I have a card I made for a teacher who's having her first baby in a few short weeks!
Here it is:
I luv making baby girl cards. *Ü*  It begs for some of my favorite things: buttons, ribbon/lace, embossing, pearls, doilies---> all of which are on this card. And when it comes to baby cards, there is no CASing for me---> more is more! I did a bit of box pleating a la Anna Griffin. I luuuuuv paper pleating on cards! Then I embossed the pink panel and added little pearls with my Viva pen. I also used the Baby Onesie Dienamics and Stamp set and the button borders dienamics from MFT. I threaded a strip of the pattern paper through the buttons to coordinate.

I used this week's MFT sketch:
Thanks so much for peeking today!
Tootles!

5 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Love the pleating you did on it.

    Have a great week,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening sweet Karli! Oh my goodness...this card is pure perfection!!! Love everything about it!! The soft colors and the sweet details! Your co-worker will simply fall in love with it!!!
    Have a wonderful evening! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The onsie and card are just too cute. Love the colors and lace trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love pink, and love your fab lace and all things girlie!!! The box pleat is something I have been wanting to try. Lucky co- worker you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Love the pleated background. And the lace trim on the onesie is a sweet touch. Gorgeous card, this will be a keepsake for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin