Saturday, April 6, 2013

Onward and Upward

Hello there friends,
Today, I have a card for one of my graduating seniors. I have a very special student I'm walking with on graduation day as her Honor Guard teacher. You see, I had her in my first grade class and now, she's graduating from my High School (where I teach.) Tear...Tear... (wowie, do I feel old...and luckily looks have nothing to do with that ;) wink...)

Here's her card:
 I used the Inspired By Knowledge stamp set from MFT (Luuuuv!) I heat embossed the books on shimmer black card stock and the cap on black cs which I cut out & popped on top of the books.

Here's a closer peek:
I used the Picket Fence DI marker along the pages of each book for definition. I really luv the way that came out Ü. The sentiment is also from this set.

Here's a peek at the simple innies:
I left lots of space to write how super proud I am of her! This cute sentiment comes from PI Book in Hand.You may be wondering Graduation cards so soon? Well, our seniors graduate the middle of May, so you can see why there's no time to wait!

I used the current MFT GDT sketch: (crossing my fingers *Ü*)

In the fall, she'll be attending college...tear, tear... (don't worry, those are happy tears *Ü*)

Thanks so much for peeking today.
Tootles!


The 411
Stamps:  IB Knowledge, PI Book in Hand- MFT
Paper: Black CS, White CS, Silver CS, graduation caps-Sandylion
Ink: Versa Fine Black onyx
Tools: Fishtail Flags Dienamics, FIskars border punch

2 comments:

  1. What an emotional moment for you! I think that is one of the nicest Grad images I have seen- love the shimmery black paper. Such an elegant card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the books and cap embossed. How special that you had this student in first grade and now in her senior year. It is an honor for both of you to walk together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin