Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lasting Hearts Prayers

Hi friends,
Today I'm sharing some cards I created to send to the Lasting Hearts card drive. These cards are going to be given with a book for parents who have suffered the loss of a miscarriage. This is something that many women experience and hopefully, through these efforts, they will know they are not alone, it is not their fault, and there are people who care and want them to know they are stronger than they may think.

Here's my card design:
 I chose a soft color palette of Hero Arts Shadow Inks in Pastel Yellow, Passion Flower, Pastel Blue, and Pastel Mint. I chose butterflies because, to me, they symbolize renewal, faith, and more. They come from the Butterfly Stamp set by AmyR. I love this stamp set because it has lots of butterflies in different sizes and stages of flight. I added some vellum butterflies (Martha Stewart punch) scattered around them. The sentiment from the Prayers Set (Simon Says Stamp/Hero Arts) was heat embossed in Liquid Platinum (Ranger).

Here's a peek of the innies:
 This sentiment came from the With Sympathy stamp set (Papertrey Ink).

Here's all of the cards I created, all the same way.

I have a friend who recently had a miscarriage, and it's been very hard on her. So in her honor, I decided to contribute some money to purchase books for other women and create these cards to go along with them.

This is the card I had made and given to her:
I wouldn't ordinarily use bright colors for these kinds of cards, but knowing her, and how she feels about rainbows, I decided to use the die-cut as the rainbow.

You can find all of the info about the Lasting Hearts card drive HERE.
Thanks so much for peeking today and have a great weekend *Ü*

5 comments:

  1. awww...you are just so sweet to be making these cards and buying the books! You have a golden heart!! God bless you sweetie! hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! Your cards and the books will be so appreciated by these grieving women. They cards are just beautiful. Hope that your friend will be uplifted with your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pastel butterflies are pretty and soothing. Beautiful and thoughtful cards.

    Fabulous card for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome butterfly card I love the soft color Karli
    and the last picture (I am sorry I did not read your text but I see your adorable card)I adore the sentiment looks like a gel
    your card always adorable Karli love them all
    wish we can exchange our cards Karli
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin