Thursday, June 23, 2016

Shaker Pocket Card with a Twist (VIDEO!)

Hi again friends,
I'm back with my final card for day five at Camp Create by My Favorite Things. Yay! I was able to complete all five cards and earn all five badges!
Here's challenge number 5:
 So today I have a shaker card to share, but it's not your typical shaker card. It's very much inspired by a Clear Shaker Card Jennifer McGuire shared some time ago. I have created a few in the past because they are so fun to create and to give. But I always lamented that in order to get the gift card out of the shaker, they'd have to cut it open, and essentially, destroy the shaker pocket... (insert sad face here...)

So while thinking of what I wanted to create for this challenge, I thought of Jennifer's Shaker pocket. And it HIT ME! Why not ADD a pocket to the pocket! And I went to work!

Here's my shaker card:

Basically, it is the same construction as Jennifer's shaker pocket. I used one of the pockets from the baseball card sleeves I bought for making Pocket Letters (remember those things?) As it turns out, they are the PERFECT size for gift cards and little note cards, which is what I put in mine.

Here it is with a gift card instead: (It's slid into the front pocket)
In my shaker, I used the Postage Stamp Stax dienamics (MFT) to create my little note card. I used some Gold Deco sheets (Tim Holtz) and die cut the "Thank you"from the Twice the Thanks dienamics (MFT) and the flower from the Scribble Roses dienamics (MFT).

Here's what it looks like from the back:
I added star confetti as well as gold sequins and three die cut "Thanks" from the Twice the Thanks dienamics (MFT).

I luuuv Jennifer's Shaker Pocket idea and now that the recipient can get their gift card out of it without sacrificing the shaker, well, I'm just tickled pink!

This is the card you'll be seeing in the tute:
Don't ask me what happened to the original video, lol...
I invite you to watch the video tutorial below or on my You Tube channel ---> HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today! You can put this in a standard A2 envelope because the shaker card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2 size). I hope you'll give this card style a try because it's so much fun! *Ü*
Tootles,

3 comments:

  1. Awesome and creative idea!!! I look forward to your video so I can learn how to create this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous and fun card! i sit shake these cards for minutes and just look at them!! *lol* Have a wonderful day! hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooww I never made similar like this
    adorable with all the star Karli
    love what you made
    wish I am the lucky one who get this hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin