Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sympathy Cards

Hello friends,
Sadly, I have two sympathy cards to share today.
Here's the first:
I used the Peony Bouquet stamp set (Altenew) and water colored with Distress Inks (shaded lilac & wilted violet) I used a bit of mowed lawn on the leaves and pumice stone in in the background. The "with sympathy" die ( Lil Inkers) was cut with silver cardstock.

Here's a peek of the innie:
The sentiment comes from the "With Sympathy"stamp set from Papertrey Ink. It has really lovely sentiments and anytime I make these type of cards, I reach for this set.

Here's the second card:
I heat embossed the Antique Flowers & Butterflies stamp set (Hero Arts) with white embossing powder (Hero Arts). I then took the curved edge die from the Basic Stitched Edge dies (My Favorite Things) to die cut the bottom edge. I used the same edge die to die cut a silver piece of cardstock to layer below it. Then, with the remaining blue piece, I ran it through the chain embossing folder (lifestyle crafts) and adhered it underneath.

I don't think anyone likes to make sympathy cards, and I hope it's a long time until I have to make another...

Thanks for stopping by friends!
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the sad occasion, but your cards are fabulous. I especially like the first one. The flowers and colors are gorgeous, and the silver die-cut elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you need Sympathy cards : ( Your cards are just stunning- love the gorgeous Altenew flowers- and your colors are beautiful- the silver adds elegance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin